Saturday, May 27, 2006

A Day Out

We had a family day out today. We were up early and drove to Alnwick. We went to Barter Books, that is one of hubby's favourite places-the largest secondhand bookshop in Britain. The kids and I went into town to Morrisons to buy the things for our picnic lunch, and on the way back I bought 'Scrapbook Answers' in the newsagents, so that is a bit of reading for later. Then we went to the gardens. The walled garden will be at its best in a few more weeks. At the moments is has lots of green foliage, but generally few flowers- too early in the season. As usual the kids enjoyed all the fountains. The new visitor center is fantastic, and the toilets are cool- glass washbasins with coloured lights so they change from green to blue. After that we went over to the tree house. It really is fantastic. I would love to live in a house like that. We came home via Ford and Heatherslaw. Ford is the prettiest, quietest village in the whole of England, IMO. After tea, I downloaded my photos and printed some off. I wanted to do the ad challenge from Pod's blog, even though I am a week late here it is:

2 comments:

Paula Sealey said...

Fab interpretation of the layout Pam! Alnwick sounds lovely, I adore visiting gardensxx

Heather said...

Sounds like a lovely day out and your LO is just beautiful Pam.