Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I love my garden

I love my garden. To come home from a day of indoor meetings and sit in the peace of the garden is bliss. Everything is growing so well. The perennials are well on the way and many have flowers. There are some great big alliums out, the aqueligas are flowering, and so is a deep ruby red peony. The ferns are bursting into life, with fresh green growth overcoming the brown shrivelled fronds. These are interspersed with lovely bluebells and pinkbells? Is there such a thing as pinkbells? These look like bluebells but they are pink. And the Solomon's seal is looking very pretty too. yes my garden really is a haven of peace. At twilight all I can hear is the birdsong, and all this five miles from the centre of Edinburgh.

My LO tonight is another one inspired by the ad challenge on Paula's (POD) blog. It is only 6X6, because it will go in my 6x6 BOM, so I had to fit a lot on a small space. I would have liked to handwrite the diary entry, but needed to fit too much text into a small area. The papers are DCWV Retro. Orange is not a colour I use, but I like this spotted paper. I am quite into drawing lines around things at the mo. Hope you like it.

3 comments:

Paula Sealey said...

I have Spanish Bluebells but they're pink! Maybe it's something to do with the soil? Love your take on the challenge, hope you'll join in this Friday tooxx

Heather said...

I have pink ones too! I did a lo today of my bluebells for the UKS weekly challnge, did not include the pink ones DOH! Must go back and post that picture on my blog lol!

I love gardens too and starting a new one here at this new (to us) house is a bit daunting but the rewards are the bliss you discribe so well.

Donswishes blog said...

Wow you've done some really funky pages! there great. ali edwards new book is called a designers eye fr patterned paper!