Monday, May 29, 2006

Thank goodness for scrapping!

It has been a full on day at work today. People just don't like change much, do they? Thank goodness I can come home and think scrapping. It really takes my mind off work, egos and other related issues. I have been flicking through 'Scrapbook Answers'. I really like that magazine, and must look at the CD tonight. I have also been browsing 'Clean and Simple - the sequel'. It is a great book for learning about design principles, but I don't think it is my preferred style. It is rather like a classic tailored suit- You know it will always look good and stand the test of time, but it is rather grown up and not a lot of fun. I enjoy the challenge of something a bit more funky, and fun, which brings me to 'Freestyle.' I am loving that book! I love that scrapping freestyle allows your personality to come through. I love that scrapping freestyle challenges your creativity and I love that scrapping freestyle gets away from commercial, and somewhat cliched, scrapbooking. However I think there is a place for both styles, and am thinking of making a 'clean and simple' album for my husband to show off his beloved scottish hills. They are so gorgeous, that they do not need a lot of embellishment (which he hates anyway).
Anyway, I have decided to post 'SAND', my first attempt at a 'freestyle' LO. I don't know if it would be considered freestyle by the style police, but it is for me, cause everything is kind of homemade. And I am very happy with it.
What do you think?

4 comments:

Sue said...

Its Great Pam..its always scarey trying something new ..i love experimenting but they don'y always turn out right! LOL

Heather said...

Ooo it works well for me, I love trying new things, makes life much more interesting! I make such a mess experimenting but who cares haha! Freestyle is GOOD!

Laura G said...

This is fab- fantastic flow to it!

Donswishes blog said...

its a brilliant lo!gonna buy the book!