Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Woo Hoo!

I've just had an email from The Scrapbook Magazine and they are going to publish one of my LOs. It is one I completed at the edinburgh crop of my gorgeous son on his first day at school. It will probably be in the August edition. I am really chuffed because I haven't submitted to a magazine before.
What I have discovered is that journalling is becoming more and more important in my LOs. When I first started scrapping in August last year I could hardly bring myself to have words on my LOs, except for the who, where, when statements. I was embarassed looking at all those packaged sentiments in scrapbooking shops, and to a large extent I still am. But now I struggle putting my LOs together unless I know what the photo is telling me, and the journalling comes from there. Once I know what I want to say, even it is just a title, then I find the LO comes together much more easily. This LO is one that I did quite a while ago and was one of the 5 I submitted to BEST of BRITISH new talent competition. I was thrilled to be one of the winners, but still disappointed after all this time not to have received my prize. (nor have any other winners it has to be said.)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Whoohoo indeed Pam, well done!

Shame you have not received your prize for the Best of... Hope they get their act together and reward their worthy winners soon.

Your LO is fabulous!