Monday, June 19, 2006

A great day out

These pictures are of Braemar in the Scottish highlands. We had a family day out there on Saturday. We used to go there quite a lot with the kids when they were young and we lived in Aberdeenshire, but we haven't been for a while and I am asking myself why not? It is the most beautiful place. The scenery is out of this world, and best of all -no people! There is a duck pond in the village where we used to take the kids, and unlike the well fed ducks of Edinburgh, these ducks are hungry and appreciate the bread we feed them. They are really cheeky and come right up and take the bread from your hands. I got some great pictures too. My all time favourite picture of my kids was taken at this very duck pond about 11 years ago, and is of the two kids hugging. This photo features in a LO I did for the Best of Britain comp, and so should be featured in next month's Scrapbook Inspirations. I no longer like the LO though- my scrapping has changed quite a bit since those LOs were submitted.
I urge anyone who appreciaites nature, walking, peace and quiet to visit Braemar, and the surrounding countryside. It is truly awesome.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I agree Pam, its a truly stunning place, such lovely photos *sigh*......memories eh?

Maria said...

fab photos Pam & yes my 'hot' LO was a scraplift of yours in the speed scraplift:)