Friday, June 09, 2006

I love Fridays


This morning DH was up at 6 to go hillwalking. He brought me a cup of tea before he left and I sat in bed drinking tea and planning how I would spend the day- scrapping, gardening, generally relaxing. Then like a bolt out of the blue I realized it was not Saturday, but Friday and DH had taken a day off work to take advantage of the great weather. So I had to get up and go to work!! Boohoo. But now it is Friday night and I have Saturday to look forward to all over again. Last night was glorious. It was so mild that we were still sitting out in the garden at 11:30. It was almost a fullmoon and was so light. The big rhodedendron blooms caught the moonlight and glowed, and the various scents of the plants wafted around. I could have sat there all night. (but of course I knew then that I had to get up for work, so I sensibly went to bed instead).

My LO tonight is inspired by Pod's ad challenge. I am not at all happy with it. Firstly, I couldn't really remember the ad and blogger was playing up, so I couldn't check. Secondly, I forgot the you need to draw in mirror image on the backs of paper, so consequently the spiral is not going in the direction I wanted. Thirdly, the photo doesn't really grab me, and there is no story to go with it, so I didn't have any journalling. I went onto some quotes sites looking for inspiration but couldn't find anything that clicked. Fourthly, I don't like the colour combination because it looks too much like a christmas card. However I do like the machine stitching! Anyway I do these challenges, for exactly that reason- to challenge myself to try different things, and if they don't work, then tough- it is only a bit of card and a couple of hours of my time, and I always learn something, and that can only be a good thing! My favourite LO at the moment is still the MOODY one I posted last week. I love it!

3 comments:

Heather said...

You said "Anyway I do these challenges, for exactly that reason- to challenge myself to try different things, and if they don't work, then tough- it is only a bit of card and a couple of hours of my time, and I always learn something, and that can only be a good thing!"

How true!

I don't like half the work I turn out, I am still such a novice but I love to learn.

Sue said...

Agree with Heather..its such fun "playing" :)
LOL @Fri morn!! Hope you enjoy today off ..i had a loovley lay in :)

Paula Sealey said...

I love it Pam, it looks fab! And I'm so glad the ad challenges are inspiring you, I wasn't sure anyone else would be interested in them! There's a great one coming this weekxx