Monday, June 12, 2006

Latest LO


I am posting a picture of my latest LO. I am so pleased with it. It is a rare photo of me with my daughter, taken in 1994, long, long, before I started scrapping! Like a lot of women I was always the one holding the camera, so I am very happy that on this occasion, someone else grabbed the camera and took this photo of us both. Ever since I heard the Paul Simon song 'Father and Daughter' I knew I wanted to use the words on a LO, and I felt it had to be a photo with me in it too, so I chose this picture. I wish I knew clever things, like how to change the background in a photo. Anyway I have really been struggling with how to scrap it. I knew I wanted it to be fairly serious, simple and sentimental. None of my patterned papers went, so I eventually decided to use cardstock only, and to add texture I doodled with the sewing machine (used a triple stitch to make the sewing stand out more.) I cut the flowers freehand from white card (after discarding other tonal variations), and journalled with my beloved Uniball signo white pen that my niece sent over from Australia. Why can't WHSmith stock these? They stock other colours. I tried asking in my local shop but the woman was so unhelpful and really quite rude, so I gave up. Maybe I'll try sending an email to head office. Anyway, if anyone sees this, I hope you like it. It was quite hard for me to be this restrained, and to leave white space (well brown LOL)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Pam, its stunning! I love your sewing and flowers and the words are just perfect! Its was worth leaving all the white/brown space, it works so well :)