Thursday, October 05, 2006

In the beginning...


I thought I would write about how I got into scrapping. Let’s start at the very beginning….
In August 2005 I visited family in Australia. Two of my nieces were scrapbookers. I looked at their albums and though they were very nice. I visited scrapbook stores with them and watched them spending what seemed like lots of money on pretty papers, rub ons and embellishments. I thought they were mad. Then my daughter, who was 11 at the time, wanted to do some layouts. I watched her and started giving her advice- it went down like a lead balloon. In the end, exasperated she said ‘mum, just do one of your own and leave me to get on with mine!’ So I did. It took 2 hours and consisted of two matted photos on plain paper with a sticker alphabet title. I left Australia hooked! I did not bring back any stash with me because I assumed there must be scrapbook shops all over the UK, just like there was in Australia, but I had just not noticed them. How wrong I was!
What I did bring back was two Australian scrapbooking magazines, one of which had web addresses, including UKscrappers. UKS opened up a whole new world- a gallery, advice, friends and importantly ONLINE SHOPPING! It really has added another dimension to my life, and that is something most scrappers can identify with. I am going to attempt to add a photo of one of my earliest pages to this blog, and you will see for yourself how far my scrapping has developed. How did you get into scrapping, and how has your scarpping changed- I would love to read your blogs to find out! Blogger won't let me upload my LO I'll keep trying.

3 comments:

Roz Roz said...

Oh I like the idea of this, might do one for me as well, bet it was Lianne asking for a bio that prompted this.

Lauren said...

Good old Aussies!!! That makes me so proud to be one!! ROFL!!! Blogger's being very bad i've had so much trouble too.

Have a great week,
Lauren

Heather said...

What a great idea Pam. Tomorrow I will blog on this, should be good for a laugh.