Sunday, October 01, 2006

Super Saturday.



I had such a great day yesterday. DH went hillwalking, DD went out, and I was home with just DS. He is a lovely 15 year old who just gets on with things- he has always been undemanding, right from the day he was born. I recall having to wake him to feed him because he slept so much. Anyway yesterday I was able to scrap to my heart's content, in between hanging out loads of washing! I can't believe how many socks my kids get through in a couple of days,and how big my bag of odd socks is growing! So I completed my Lippy Chick book from Angel Crafts. I used it a bit like an art journal, and tried to make a little 5x5 work of art for each page- the inside 5 are in shades of blue and the outside 5 are reds/yellows. I have never done an art journal and now I am inspired to start one, cause I really loved experimenting with collage, inks, doodles etc. I made the book for a friend who has just been diagnosed with breast cnacer and will give it to her when her treatment starts. It is full of inspirational, positive quotes. I really hope it helps her. I have posted a couple of pics to give you an idea!

4 comments:

Heather said...

DS sounds a dream child!

I like your flippy chick book - what a creative woman you are!

Carole Janson said...

That book looks awesome wow, love everything about it Pam, I am so pleased you are looking after my good friend Lauren, Have a great week Pam, you creative chicky.

Lisa said...

Love the book, fab colours.

Roz Roz said...

Oh Pam this is fantastic, love it, and what a lovely thoughtful thing to do, hope your friend gets better soon.