Saturday, December 02, 2006

craft fair



Today I went to the craft fair at The Royal Highland Showground here in Edinburgh and it was very disappointing. At least three stallholders that I loved last year were nowhere to be seen. it wasn't very busy so I don't know how well the other stall holders did, and therefore whether they will be back next year. There was one lovely scrapbooking stand- Clearly Creative, selling little minibooks and kits, but I didn't need any, so only bought a magazine there. My favourite stand was one selling saris and indian ribbons and braids. I only bought three bits of ribbon/braid from there, cause it wasn't cheap, and if blogger lets me you can see a little picture here, and I'm sure you will understand why I loved it so much. I was also inspired by the work of a textile artist who machine embroiders bits of plastic bags, and things like plastic drinking strwas and makes wall hangings and book covers from her creations, She makes dragonflies, flowers, fairies as well as abstract richly coloured designs.I would love to try this art form.
My other picture today is a LO I did based on the http://www.pencillines.com/ sketch. I have been wanting to use one of these sketches since the site started and this week I finally did. It is a plain, simple page, but I like it.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh yes I can see why you loved the ribbon, its beautiful! Shame there was not more there for you to enjoy.
Lovely LO's as always....Take care x

Anonymous said...

Those ribbons are lovely, and don't you just love those crate papers, yum yum.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the congrats and yep, these ribbons are gorgeous