Saturday, January 06, 2007

Mini break


We have just come back from 2 days in Yorkshire. Yesterday we went to Harrogate. I love that place- it is so elegant. I especially love the green belt around the city, perhaps because it reminds me of Adelaide, as much as because it is beautiful. I love the little Montpellier quarter too- small but perfectly formed. And of course, if you are a scrapper, no trip to Harrogate would be complete without a trip to Art from the Heart. I love that shop, so many lovely things to look at and buy. Having said that, I was very restrained, and only bought some 7 gypsies rub ons, some chipboard alphas, some gel medium and some Aussie magazines. I love all the projects they have on display for inspiration, so in honour of my visit I am uploading an old LO using Blonde Moments papers. Had a lovely relaxing time in the Travelodge reading the mags last night. Gotta love Travelodge-£15 for a family room, can't beat it, clean, anonymous, no fuss, love it!

Then today was spent in York. I love York too. We were there nice and early for a great walk on the wall, and a visit to the Minster before anyone else was there. The secret to being a tourist in this country is to get up early. I would have had a much nicer time if the kids were not there, sadly. They are at that age where the most importanat things to them are their friends, and shopping. Emily just wanted to go into clothes shops and kept getting moody when I wouldn't buy things for her. Jack was more interested in Game, and HMV. I would have gone to York museum, but the would not have gone down well with them at all. Plus they won't cooperate with having their photos taken, and that, to a scrapbooker, JUST WON'T DO!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Love the LO, sounds like you had a great time

Roz Roz said...

oh you lucky bugger, thats my favourite shop in the world, its heaven sent. Glad you enjoyed your weekend away, shame you had to take the kids with you.