Saturday, February 03, 2007

Gorgeous day.


It is such a gorgeous day here in Edinburgh, so I should not be sitting at this computer typing this blog. I really want to scrap too, but need to go out for a walk while the sun shines. I know- I'll take my camera and then I will feel like I'm doing both. Neither of my kids wants to come with me- we've reached a stage where they just want to do their own thing.
I have bought a new printer -HP 6166. I am still not too sure about it though. I need to play around a bit to understand its colour. I have done some experiments and the HP paper is definitely best, but I have stacks of other brands that I will have to use up.
I have been doing some DT stuff this week. Being on a DT has advantages- free stash being the big one, but it can be difficult at times starting with papers and embellishments, rather than photos. Also just keeping to what has been sent can be hard, it can be very tempting to add other bits, but if the retailer doesn't sell them it then you can't use them.
I have been lucky though because I have been sent some gorgeous things though like the wonderful Cosmo Cricket papers that feature in today's page, from Jillybeans. The photo is of my dad as a little boy, and I love it. The original is on a postcard, but I have only used the photo half. I coloured the frame with inks and chalks to knock back the stark white of the original. The lace leaves was cut from a piece of fabric, as was the flower. The dark flower is actuallty leather, The LO is quite tactile IRL.

4 comments:

Cath said...

Awww, it's a gorgeous LO

Lauren said...

This is an amazing LO your such a talented scrapper. Not too sure how you do it up there in the cold cause i'm really struggling down here.

Oh HAPPY AUSTALIA DAY!!! for the 26th!

Have a great week, Lauren x

Carole Janson said...

Pam what a gorgeous layout, just stunning, love all the lace.

YOur scrapping room is unreal.

Best Wishes
Carole.

Heather said...

Gorgeous DT LO Pam and a great pic of your Dad :D