Sunday, February 18, 2007

Holiday's Over!





Well, that's my week off finished. I love being at home. I love having time to do the things I want. I love waking up in my own good time, rather than by the harsh sound of the alarm.
On Friday Malcolm and I drove down to Durham via Alnwick and Hexham. They are both lovely towns, but they were unbelievably busy- there were cars everywhere. I had hoped to go to the stamp shop inHexham, but it seems it has closed. Instead I walked around the abbey, and it was lovely. We stayed at the Travelodge, as usual. This one was in the centre of town and was great, especially at £26.
On Saturday morning we were up relatively early, and I was around the cathedral area before anyone else. It was stunningly beautiful, so peaceful, the colours were so intense. The secret of tourism in Britain is to be up early- not only is the light better, but it is possible to get gorgeous photographs with no people in them, as you can see.
Today was Emily's birthday. She was 14. She decided she wanted to go to Frankie and Benny's with some friends, then come back here for profiteroles and other bits and pieces. She phoned Frankie and Benny's herself to book a table- She really is growing up.
This evening I did the speshal dares again, the only time I have taken a photo every day in a row for a week is when we are on holidays, so I chose 7 photos from our holiday in France last year. I will post it when I get a chance to photograph it in daylight, and since I am back at work tomorrow I am not sure when this will be.

3 comments:

Carole Janson said...

Pam what gorgeous photos, you must have had a lovely time. Love your layouts in the next post, colours are awesome, beautiful !!

Roz Roz said...

pam, stunning pics, sounds like a very restful time off.

Carole Janson said...

HI Pam, my Brisbane shows are June 9-11 Paper Crafts, and then
Craft and Quilt October 24-28, that is a real shame, I would have loved to seen you it would have been unreal actually.

The UK event is in May 2008 sometime, they are still putting it all together so it hasn't been finalised, but when it is I will let you know.

Best wishes
Carole.