Monday, February 12, 2007

shopping


I went shopping yesterday with Emily. We went to Ocean terminal and had a lovely day. It is her birthday next week- she will be 14, and she wanted some new vans as part of her present. When she saw the vans she didn't really like them and eventually she found a pair of converse look alikes at New Look for £10 that she loved, so she has money left over to buy other nice things. She did end up with a few new tops as well, so she was happy. She is a very lucky girl as she is now about 2" taller than me (that makes her about 5' 6" and she has really long legs and looks fantastic in jeans. I was happy too, cause I went into Au Naturale and came away with some bargains- see photo. First, the scrapbook album @ £8.99 a real bargain- it came with ribbons, photo corners papers (that I haven't even looked at- bet they're rubbish). But the album looks good, really bright and cheery. I also got some velvet alphabets at £1 each, and I love them- the black is really black. I also got some foam flower things, for 45p for 2, they are really funky- I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet though-they're too big for page LOs. Also got the last large peg, which I'll paper and use for holding pictures or notes.
Today we went to MILs, and drove back via Perth and that meant a trip to the scrapbook shop, and naturally that meant some more shopping. This time it was some SEI papers, and an alphabet, and a DCWV cardstock pack, so once more I was happy. Oh and a blue plastic alphabet, that reminds me of the kind of thing you used to buy to put on birthday cards-love it.
I am going to do the speshal dares this week. I have the photo, the papers and embellishments all sorted- I'm just waiting for inspiration to hit.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Hay Pam any chance you could email me the thread you mentioned on my blog? laurenmarierhodes@hotmail.com. Cheers, Lauren x

Thirteen Pink Ladybirds said...

Great finds at Au Naturale! And I think I am due for a drive up to Perth. Long and boring, but totally worth it!

Kelly said...

ooooh where can i get one of them pegs, love the stash though :D

Heather said...

What fab buys Pam, you did well and so did Emily by the sounds of it :) Great girls day out

lisa said...

my girl just turned 13 and there was no way I was going clothes shopping with her, I asked my sister to..lol! I don't think she'll say yes a 2nd time..the girl is an awkward fit so it was a long day. I love how you said the papers in the new album are probably rubbish..mmm..why do they fob this stuff off onto us? like some of the free papers you get in scrap mags - yuk. love the dare layout, so true too how they're content with the simple things..my niece is into the 'pouring water from one cup to another' stage at the moment.

Caroline said...

wow love the funky flowers and that huge peg is amazing