Sunday, March 11, 2007

Great weekend


What more could a scrapper want: Craft Fair one day, scrapping the next. Actually a retreat with shopping would be better, come to think of it! But I had fun in any case. Emily and I drove through to Glasgow to attend the Hobbycrafts and Stitches fair at the SECC. Guess what I bought? A cuttlebug! a bit of an impulse buy to be sure, but I figured if I can cut my own chipboard it would save me money in the long run, and I wouldn't have a collection of letters I would never use from bought sets of alphabets. I also bought some dies- flowers, punctuation marks, and swirls. Had a bit of a play today, and I must say the sizzix dies worked better than Cuttlebugs own. I am now after an alphabet that I can use on chipboard. I also bought some ranger distress inks, so need to get around to using those this week. The best thing about the show was the textile artists. What those ladies produce with their sewing machines is unbelievable, from wallhangings to jewellry and actual fabric. Beautiful rich colours, lots of texture, just wonderful. Today I had a bit of a blitz on the house front. It was in need of a good clean and I feel so much better for it. I gave my scrap area another tidy too, to make a space for the cuttlebug. I completed a cj entry as well as a flap book for Roz at Lippychick

My LO today is one I did for a challenge I set over at Scrapitude. The challenge was to scrap in beige and make it interesting. i have done a very textured LO including corrugated card, paper tearing, crackle medium, tearing, fabric- lots of textures. Funnily enough this weeks speshal dare was to do a textured page. That was lucky eh?

10 comments:

Heather said...

Beige and definitely interesting!

Suzanne said...

oooooh loving the lumpy bumpyness of this page.

I love when one page does two challenges too, appeals to my sense of thriftyness :D

lisa said...

I LOVE this layout, LOVE It.
I had forgotten you had a Jack, same as me. I think the drought will abate this year, I think we'll get good rain. Here's hoping I'm right.

Karen said...

Looks absolutely gorgeous - gotta agree with Suzanne I love it when one page fits two challenges too!

Beckie said...

Love the LO! Yum!!
See you at the Edinburgh crop ;o) xx

scrapdolly said...

I love the page and isn't it brilliant when you kill two birds with one stone.
Fabby

Roz Roz said...

lovely layout, can't wait to see you book though

Carole Janson said...

Hi Pam I am just loving your stunning layout in this post, and in the previous post, just gorgeous.

Fiona (aka Erisindevon) said...

That's such a gorgeous page :D

Lauren said...

I love this LO ver eye catching!!!

Have a great weekend!!

Lauren x