Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back Home




We had a lovely time at Ullapool. the weather was very overcast and windy for the first couple of days, but the last couple were spectacular- warm, sunny and still. We relaxed around the cottage for the windy days, just taking small walks down to the loch and into town. However for the last couple of days, when the weather was so nice we got up early and set off for some long walks. Emily and I found some streams and picniced by them while Malcolm and Jack did some big hills. It gave me a chance to spend time with Emily listening to all that teenage angst. I am so happy I am not a teenager- they really were confusing times as I remember, and seem to be reliving with Emily. I have spent today washing , trying to get some kind of order back into our lives before I go back to work on Tuesday. It was a gorgeous day here and so in between hanging out washing I did some gardening- just weeding and cutting back, but there remains lots to be done. I have the most spectalular camelia bush- about 2m high and covered with flowers. It is truly spectacular. Anyway I will post a couple of pictures from our holiday- one is the view from the cottage- every morning and evening a herd of deer would come right by the cottage and graze almost outside the door. The other photo is of a boat in the harbour off loading its catch of halibut.
Thought I would post this LO all about Emily at 14. It is all about her fluctuating moods.

5 comments:

Roz Roz said...

That layout is stunning pam, and great pics of your holiday, sounds just what you needed.

Heather said...

Sounds like a great break Pam, love the layout, I can't wait, 2 years to 14 and all it brings LOL!

lisa said...

That lad in the boat looks so pleased with himself :D and what a beautiful view you had..I know how 13 looks at the moment, not looking forward to 14 lol!

lisa said...

Go here Pam
http://www.visitnsw.com.au/Destination.aspx?DProductID=9017083
They did the Living Desert Sculpture Park in 1993 I believe. You must visit it at sunset, it's spectacular. Don't walk up the hill though, hellava hike..pay the $5 in town and drive up. The tourist info can tell you all you need to know.

Tracie H said...

Glad the Bam Pop arrived safely :)
T.x.