Monday, May 07, 2007

Back again


I have been a really bad blogger recently- No excuse, just couldn't be bothered really. Actually I have been rather busy- DT stuff, and I bought a new camera! It is a digital SLR, a pentax K100, and it is a real beast! It feels so solid compared to my Lumix FZ5, and I must admit I feel really cool using it!. Trouble is, I don't know how to use it, except on auto, but I will learn. I also need to buy another lens, as the one that came with the camera is pretty limited. I took some test shots today with both the new camera, and my old, and sadly, I liked the shots with the old camera best, so it is even more important that I learn to use the manual controls asap.

Scrap wise I have done some LOs that I love, and some not so flash. It is always the DT stuff that I like least, probably because I am limited to whatever is sent, and as much as I get some lovely stash, sometimes I just want to add more embellishments, or a different piece of paper, and can't. Also starting with the product is so much harder than starting with a photo. Last weekend was the cyber crop on UKS, and the photo I have attached today is one of the classes I did. I actually don't like cc's very much, cause I don't really like to copy other people's designs, no matter how much I like them. But it is a good way to use up scraps and get some photos scrapped quickly.

It is exam time at my house. Jack has now completed English, Maths and P.E., and has French on Tuesday. Emily has only Maths this year. they both found the Maths paper hard, so only time will tell how they went. The exam timetable is really heavy going- much harder than in my day. The maths exams for instance went from 10 am to 4 pm with a break for lunch, because they are required to sit the exams for two different levels. Jack doesn't seem bothered though, and is as laid back as ever, possibly not a good thing.
last week I received some BAMPOP papers from Tracie- I was the lucky winner in her blog draw. They are so cool, and I have some ideas for using them bubbling around my brain. they are not available in the UK to my knowledge, so I want to be sure of what I am doing before I cut into them, thannks Tracie.

3 comments:

iralamija said...

Nice work!

Bety:)

Lauren said...

Hi Pam,

I'm going to a retreat in July and I know that my good friend Carole Janson is teaching a class before the retreat on Friday the 27th I think. I'd love to catch up with you. email me, laurenmarierhodes@hotmail.com.

Heather said...

I like CC's only becaise they get pages into my books FAST lol! You will get used to your new camera I am sure, its worth reading the manual LOL! Looking forward to meeting you this weekend :D