Monday, May 21, 2007

a whole lot of scrap


Now let's see- what have I been up to? Well I have a new camera and am trying to figure out how to use it before we go to Australia in July. I have joined an online photography course, except it is about photography as an art form, rather than the technical side. Week 1 was about silhouettes, and week 2 is about looking at shapes, and looking at objects from interesting angles. I hope to go out tomorrow to get some pictures.

On Saturday I went to Angelcrafts 12 hour crop at Stonehouse. I didn't get a lot done, but it was nice meeting some new people and having a chat, and spending in the shop. I finished a page for a CJ, and finally did page 1 if my 2007 album. I have been intending to scrap each month so we have a complete record of what we did during 2007, and at least I have January done now.

I have been doing a series of challenges at Scrapitude, and the last one was to design and use at least 2 patterned papers on a LO. I finished this at the crop and will upload it another time. Today I want to upload a LO I did for an earlier challenge- Inspired by Bollywood. The LO had to be bold, brash, colourful& kitsch- lots of glitz and bling. I had great fun doing this LO, and was able to use up lots of scraps and sequins and other bits and pieces that I have accumulated since I began scrapping.
What else? oh yes- I had my 'Learning to Knit' LO published in Scrapbook Inspirations this month. It has been posted earlier on my blog- December 2006-I love this LO.

3 comments:

lisa said...

What a treat for sore eyes that layout is! absolutely gorgeous!
Congrats on the publication of the 'learning to knit' layout too, one of your best that one, beautiful.
My new camera has gone back to the company to be recalibrated. Very annoying, only had it a week.

Angela said...

Great to see you at the crop Pam, have a fab time with your new camera!

Gail said...

That's a fantastic LO, so colourful.