Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Better late than never



I finished a LO! No big deal you might think, but I started this LO in October, 2006. It was a class taught by Anna Bowkis, and I didn't have a photo for it at the time. So I took it home, put it away, and there it stayed. Then the other day, I was looking for paper to scrap a picture of my son, when I came across the LO again. So I decided to use it. It now looks quite different to Anna's class, which was very pretty, with flowers going down the orange strip, I seem to remember. This page is to celebrate Jack's exam results. School work just doesn't interest Jack and we were not really expecting great results, but the boy excelled himself-8 credit passes. it has given his confidence a boost and he has started in 5th year with enthusiasm. I just hope if he can repeat these results when he sits his Highers next May.

4 comments:

Roz Roz said...

that layout looks brilliant, and I love all the extra bits you added. I've left you some honours on my blog.

Heather said...

Well it may have taken you a while to finish it but it is just fab Pam. All your recent lo's looking stunning, love the painted flowers in the previous entry. Blogger hates me from time to time and I struggle to comment but I have been keeping up with your news since you returned from holiday. It sounded fab and I was so jealous! Take care x

Theresa said...

Congratulations to both your Son for his great grades and for you for finally finishing your layout. I do that a lot myself, put them up and then forget about them.

Thanks for the comments on my CKU Nashville Review blog. You asked about the MM class. It really goes way to fast to worry about your photos. I would just plan on making the page and filling in with photos later (don't think you'll want to wait years on this one either, it's a gorgeous album). Take some copy paper and make a bunch of 4x6 pieces of paper to mark your spot. Add them to the layout with repositionable adhesive as you're going to mark the spot to put the photo later and then just leave the embellies secured to the sides so you can slip the paper out and add the photo when you find the perfect one. Hope that helps.

Kate said...

Love your scrapbook pages. Really great work!