Sunday, August 26, 2007

Here's one I made earlier.



I was just looking through my old LOs and found this one that I don't think I have ever posted. I really like this LO. I painted the flowers when we were on holidays in Skye August 2006. I didn't take any stash on holidays with me, just some paints and cardstock/paper in case in rained.. and it did. So I did this background. When I came home I found this picture of me and my sister when we were young and pretty. It is such a nice photo- just caught a tender moment between us I think. A little more relaxed than the formal posed wedding photos. I am working on a scrapbook of her wedding photos just now, but this one won't be in it. I called it sisters because I think it is more about the relationship between us than it is about the wedding. We were so close when we were young- oh we used to have our fair share of fights, but as teenagers we were the best of friends. We don't see each other much these days, because we live on opposite sides of the world. But when we do get together it is still a really comfortable relationship we have.

9 comments:

Alicia Barry said...

Hi Pam, Thanks for visiting. Nice to meet another ex pat scrapper. How's the scrap world over there?

Vanda said...

Hi Pam, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Just been having a look at all your wondefull LO'S ~ wow!! I love them all ~ Vanda xXx

Michelle Jamieson said...

Hi Pam!
That is a beautiful L/O and a beautiful photo of you and your sister. A special moment, I'm sure!

Just looking at your fabulous L/O's from your time here, in Brissy and the Gold Coast. Some great photos and L/O's! Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Chelle Xx

Mary B said...

This is so beautiful, you have made a superb page here and I just love your flowers. I think you should put a little picture of this in your sisters album somewhere. perhaps as a card to go with it.

Mary B said...

Thank you for your comments on my Blog, go on I dare you to take up my challenge and scrap those scary photos.

BTW You live in my most favourite city, I don't get to visit it as often as I used to now that my Daughter and Son-in-Law have moved but from the very first time I went to Edinburgh and that was long before Helen moved up there I fell in love with it.

Paula Sealey said...

That's so pretty Pam! A great photo of you and your Sister:)

Heather said...

Pretty flowers - you do have a talent!

And a lovely photo of you and your sister.

lisa said...

Beautiful flowers Pam. I feel the same way about my sisters, though we were'nt close at all as teenagers, we grow closer every year that passes now.

lisa said...

Meant to add and forgot..I have a new blog addy and name but if you click on my highlighted name it will still take you straight there.

http://theblogoflisavc.blogspot.com/