Saturday, September 08, 2007

Great day


What a fab day I had today- everything I love doing- well apart from the washing that is! This morning I got up and completed the LO you see here. I am joining in the fun at BADGIRLS KITS, and this week's challenge was about using colour to create mood. I thought this sludgy blue paper from Basic Grey 'phresh and phunky' was perfect to set off this photo of one of Emily's dirty looks. I added the pink for a bit of balance and allude to the fact that she does have her sweeter moments too. I really enjoyed creating this grungy style LO, especially after all the bright ones I seem to have done lately. This LO came together very quickly, and that meant I was able to go out into the garden and enjoy some rare sunshine. The weather was perfect- blue skies and sunshine, so I managed to get some much needed weeding done, and all the washing out to dry too! After that Emily and I went cycling along the Water of Leith. It is such a lovely cycle- no cars, through the woods, so lots of shade, which made for comfortable cycling, and as an added bonus the route is flat- perfect. Then after tea we went for a walk, and I experimented with my camera. I am going to start my photography blog to go alongside the Cheryl's course that I am doing on line for 4 weeks. Hopefully by the end of it I will have the confidence to use manual settings as a matter of routine. Today was all about experimenting with aperture and shutter speed and reading histograms. So what a great day- perfect weather- scrapping, gardening, cycling and photography. What more could I possibly want?

4 comments:

Paula Sealey said...

It was a beautiful weekend here too. The cycling sounds like a great way to enjoy the weather and get some exercise.

Love the 'grungy' style layout:)

Tracie H said...

A fantastic LO Pam.....go check out my blog :)

lisa said...

Same look as I get here from my teenage daughter..they have the same mouth too :D

Lauren said...

Hi Pam,

Your LO from Caroles class looks great and your right those papers really suite the mood of the photo.

It was great to have meet you in Brisbane, pitty we couldn't have spent a bit more time together.

Have a great weekend, we're off to Agnes Waters to do a bit of surfing.

Cheers,

Lauren x