Monday, September 17, 2007


I am enjoying the challenge over at Bad Girls Kits.
This is my latest LO. It was for the challenge about texture and dimension. I wanted to do a masculine page, with a limited colour palette, so the interest had to be provided by the textures I've used, which include scrim, copper mesh, leather, felt nylon staockin in the butterflies, wire, metal, inking, stitching-all sorts of things.
I'm really happy with the title treatments- the word 'my' is copper embossed- the letter 'y' is a doctored 'x'. The word 'guys' was a bit of an accident. I was trying for a crackle effect, but it wasn't textured enough, so I UTTE'd it and rubbed some stazon black ink over it. I've ended up with a rather nice metal effect! Again, I was short of the letter 'y' so I just turned an 'h' upside down! I adore that brown lac
e along the bottom. It came from Little Silver Hat, and looks even better on a lime green background.
It is a holiday here in Scotland today, and is pouring down. Still, we are off on a run out to the countryside for a walk. I was hoping to get out with my camera, but if the rain doesn't ease up I can't see my camera coming out. Yesterday I took my MIL to Ikea for breakfast and a look around. I just bought a set of little popup nylon bins, they will be great for putting my scraps in while I'm working on a LO-maybe I can be a tidy scrapper after all!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Great masculine layout.

(Where in Ikea are the pop-up bins? I couldn't see them last week.)

Trish said...

Pam, your week 2 submission is fabulous! You are so talented!! I have so much to learn! I love, love how you adapted other letters for your 'y's'. That's creative. Thank you for your kind comments on my latest LO and for stopping by my blog! I wish you lots of luck in the Bad Girls' contest. Though your 1st two submissions are AWESOME!!!

Heather said...

Stunning LO's Pam. love looking at them. Hope your well. x

Sandie said...

Your first 2 layouts for Bad Girls are awesome. I can't wait to see number 3 :D

BrigitteS said...

Bonjour Pam !!
i oh sooo loooove this LO and the one below and the frame below-below, and the LO below-below-below !!
as you can see ..love your work !! :)