Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I didn't make it..

Well I didn't make through to the final round of Badgirls top designer. I was really enjoying the challenge, so it's a shame I didn't make it, especially since I really love my LO- it's the one in my last post. I guess it was a bit traditional for the badgirl DT. However, since Iwas enjoying the competition so much, I did a LO anyway, and it's this one. I love this LO too! I adore these papers by Marah Johnson, they are perfect for teenage pages. IRL there is quite a bit of layering on this LO, making the page quite dimensional. Isn't it great when you are happy with your creations? I've actually been quite busy scrapping this week because I am on holiday, and so have a little more time to play. This week I have done some LOs for Dream Street papers, and they will appear in their December newsletter.

Today I went to the art gallery- well two actually. First I saw an exhibition of Richard Long, landscape artist. Some of the work was beautiful, especially the Avon river mud paintings, but mostly I felt that landscape art really needs to be seen in situ- a photograph just doesn't do it justice. Having said that I was able to look at the photos and understand more about the technical aspects, eg depth of field etc. After I went to an exhibition at the City Art gallery, inspired by Edinburgh- can't remember the name of the exhibition- paper, scissors, or some such name that a scrapbooker would be attracted to!. Anyway, I loved it! Some beautiful white porcelain forms inspired by plants in the botanical gardens, a great sewn wall hanging that looked like it was small line drawings, but in fact was machine stitched lines, each based on a photograph around Edinburgh, and some fabulous hats inspired by names of Edinburgh streets. Then there were these wonderful glass hanging cubes, with glass dolls house furniture. On the outside of the cubes there was stamping, (or rub on?) patterns. The cubes were lit so that they cast a shadow, which made the rub ons appear like wallpaper in the shadow, quite ingenious.

7 comments:

jay670120 said...

well done for getting as far as you did , i actually got knocked out in the first round (wasnt keen on my l/o tho) so be proud youve done well xxxx Great L/O too xxx

Laura G said...

Bad luck Pam- gorgeous page! oh- and you're tagged

dawn said...

fantastic LO - love those papers too :)

ania said...

Hey Pam!! LOVE the layouts you've made for the classes...and that you still did the last class!! :) And oh, want to PM me your adress on the forums? You just got caught by the Bad Girl RAK-Patrol :D

Sandie said...

You did brilliantly Pam, and well done for doing the last class, I just didn't get time!

lisa said...

Well I loved them, absolutely beautiful layouts, really love the layering on the one on this post.
Those glass cubes sound fascinating, wish I could see them myself.

lisa said...

Gawler. Not far from the Barossa. Gawler was a sleepy little town once upon a time but not anymore. Quite huge now.