Sunday, October 28, 2007

Love Autumn

Autumn in Scotland is wonderful. I love to go for an autumn walk when the air is fresh and crisp, and the leaves are turning, and that's just what Emily and I did today. I took my camera, and managed to get a few shots before my camera batteries gave up.

I did some scrapping yesterday- I'm working on a minibook to give to Emily called 'What I'd tell my daughter if I thought she would listen.' The title comes from a Li'l Davis rub on. So I did two pages yesterday about friendship. I also decided to get back to some 'real' scrapping- scrapping my less than perfect photos that I took prescrapbooking when the kids were little. These are not beautiful big portrait photos- rather those amateur snaps that everyone takes when they are trying to capture a moment. Often they are posed, kids standing straight up to show off a new outfit, or photos with more background and tiny little people in them. But they are what I have to record my kids early life so it is important to scrap them and write the accompanying stories. These LOs will not be 'designed', but will be quick and hopefully pleasing to look at.


The one I did yesterday of Emily posing in her Highland dancing outfit. is the one with this post. I will stick a tag under the photo to explain, that although she stuck at dancing for a year, it wasn't her strong point, and it took all that time for her to learn how to do a 'paddybar', a skill that has long since been lost!

1 comment:

Tracie H said...

Wonderful Lo's Pam.
Thank you so much for my lil surprise...they are fantastic :)

T.x.x.x