Monday, January 14, 2008

Pencil Lines

Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather when I got an email from Anna to ask if I could be the guest designer for Sunday's Pencil Lines sketch. Now, it was 10 in the evening on Saturday when I opened the email. It seems someone else was lined up to do the sketch but that fell through. So, how could I not agree-Pencil Lines is such a great site! So Anna sent me the sketch on Sunday morning, but since I had already planned to take Emily and her pal over to Dunfermline to go to Primark, I knew it was going to be a rush job. I have to admit my heart sank when I saw the sketch, not because I didn't like it, (it's a great sketch) but because I knew the hardest part was going to be trawling through my computer to find two large and three supporting photos. I had lots of sets of 3- 4 photos from an event, but not 5 suitable ones. Anyway, I eventually managed to cobble together a couple of Emily cooking, and then some smaller ones of some of her culinary delights, and I was all set to start. By this time it was 3 o'clock and I had to get the LO done and photographed, a bio written and a photo of myself to Anna by 7. (I also had to make lasagna for tea during this time.) Anyway, I did it! Actually got it emailed at 6, so an hour before the deadline! I think this is the quickest LO I have ever done. Obviously it helps working from a sketch, and speed scrapping means decisions have to be made with no dithering- no 'will I or won't I? 'here or there?' 'this or that'. So although I may have done this LO differently if I had more time to think about it, I think overall it isn't bad.




So thank you Anna for giving me the opportunity to design a LO for Pencil Lines! So if you have lots of photos to scrap, work from a sketch and set yourself a time limit. It worked for me. -Oh and the lasagna was good too!

5 comments:

lam said...

Hi

I saw you over at pencil lines and just wanted to chek out you blog. It´s awesome and I think you did a great job with the sketch.

Heather said...

Congrats, Pam. Great speed-scrapping layout!

lisa said...

well congratulations pam!

Cath said...

Great LO and well done on the pencillines guest designer spot!

Anonymous said...

Plan to use the sketch soon, thank you. I read more of your blog and saw that you were not looking forward to Christmas quite so much this year. Neither were a friend and I. So we signed up for Shimelle Laine's Journal My Christmas project. I can recommend it - it was SO nice to do a little scrap page (I did 6x6) and thus have some relaxation everyday in December. Anyway, think about for next year - hope your Xmas was better than you expected!