Thursday, January 03, 2008

Snow day!

We've got snow- I just LOVE snow- it makes everything look so pretty. The downside is it makes driving hazardous, and we are planning to go to York and Harrogate tomorrow, If it doesn't stop, we won't be going!
This is the view from my back door!
I've done a couple of layouts over the last few days, I will gradually get them posted, but here's one for starters:



This LO is SO pretty in real life. It is PRIMA paintables paper, and I've painted it with acrylic paint mixed with iridiscent medium. This makes the paint sparkle and shine. I had intended to put a title and layer on some flowers, but the paper is so pretty I thought I would just let it speak for itself. So I just cut around some lines to free up some of the flourishes, and to add dimension to the page, then added some small prima flowers and lots of crystals in the centres of the flowers for some added sparkle. Journalling is hidded away on the tag tucked under the photo.

8 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Pam

Thanks for leaving your comment on my blog :)

This layout is just DIVINE! The paper is lush and I adore how you've made it leap off the page with the 3D elements. Just plain gorgeous :)

love M

Marie said...

Ooooo.... and I'm jealous of your lovely snow. All we have is drizzle and a 60 mph wind! It's just not as fun, nor as pretty :(

Marie said...

Ooooo.... and I'm jealous of your lovely snow. All we have is drizzle and a 60 mph wind! It's just not as fun, nor as pretty :(

Heather said...

Wishing you and yours a very Happy New year Pam. Hope to keep up better with all things in blogland this year, well, I shall try!

Love the PP LO, I have one 3/4 watercoloured right here at my side LOL!

Take care xx

Tracie Hudson said...

Pam! That Lo is stunning.
Lucky you having snow *sigh* - I wish we could have some of the white stuff here instead of all the rain!
T.x.x

Lisa said...

Pam this LO is stunning. You are a very talented lady and love the view from your back door.

Monika said...

Wow. This page is stunning.

Mireille said...

LOVE your layout! Totally soft and beautiful!