Sunday, February 17, 2008

A-Z Art Journal. C is for...


Colour and canvas. I've never painted on canvas before so this was fun to play around with. I just painted the spectrum around a circle using acrylic paints, then put the canvas through my printer to add the quote. It looked a bit sparse so I decided to over print it using foam stamps and acrylic paint. I made these stamps by adhering funky foam diecuts to an old cd cover. I discovered that printer ink is not waterproof and bleeds when stamped on with wet paint! When the paint was dry I highlighted the stamped image with gold pen. I am quite happy with the result- it's very pretty. I then adhered it to black card and added some gold doodling.

2 comments:

www.paperandcoshow.it said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bethany Kartchner said...

what a beautiful project! Love it