Thursday, March 06, 2008

Itty Bitty Scrap Shack

Over the last few weeks Ive been involved in a challenge over at Itty Bitty Scrap Shack. I really enjoy these challenges -they make me think outside the box, and push my creativity. This week the challenge was to use paint, chipboard, sewing and repeating elements on a LO. This is mine:



This LO took forever, because my sewing machine would not cooperate. The thread kept tangling up, and it kept missing stitches. Now this is not such a problem sewing on fabric, but on paper and card you are left with holes. So I had no alternative but to unthread the machine and to continue sewing. That meant I then had to go back and hand sew all the holes. I also decided to make a leaf embellishment using vellum and hand sewing-that also took a lot of time. The resulting LO is quite different form my recent LOs. I usually like to tilt my photos and the use torn paper, lots of layering and ink. This LO however is quite plain and very linear.

5 comments:

paper.minx said...

Hi Pam. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Love your layout too. I'm really inspired by all the photographs on your blog :) Very fun.

Jen said...

Sorry to hear your sewing machine gave you trouble. The end result is so pretty. I really like the leaves. You did a wonderful job.
See you around Bad Girls.

Bethany Kartchner said...

Beautiful LO!

Lori said...

Love the detail on the leaf- you've got more patience than me! The end result is lovely- hope you make it through to the next round!

C70 said...

I love your page design!!

Christine (pink lemonade)