Sunday, March 02, 2008

Organised chaos

I am not a stamper, but since taking up scrapbooking I have developed an interest in other arts/crafts- mini books, cards, art journal, mixed media, photography, and now I am beginning to see the possibilities stamping has to offer, both as an art form itself, and to use with other art forms. Over the years I have aquired stamps-some wooden block ones, but mostly acrylic and unmounted rubber stamps. I've avoided wooden block stamps because of the amount of storage space required. Until today I have just thrown my stamps in a 12" x 12" plastic box:



This was okay, but as I have acquired more stamps, trawling through this box to find the right stamp was a bit of a chore, and resulted in a mess like this:



So today I organised them. I bought some CD cases from ASDA, arranged all the unmounted stamps in the cases, cut paper to size, stamped the images onto the paper and hey presto-my chaos is now organised:



And this is how I store them in my cupboard



Organisation- don't ya just love it?

How long will it stay this way?

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Love how you organized your stamps! It looks great and functional!

Veronica

Rachel Tops AKA "Doodlebug4444" said...

I have one question for you girlie... ARE YOU FOR HIRE???? LOL That is brilliant! I am so inspired!

Rach XOOX

Heather said...

Impressive organisation!

Lori said...

Guess what I'll be sticking in the trolley next time I'm in Asda! So organised- you don't wanna come do mine too do you?! LOL

Tiersa McQueen said...

Wow! That's quite a stash you have. Great job putting it all together in a functional way.

pepsigirl said...

Love what you did with your stamps! I really need to do this. ....and I TAGGED you pam! ;)

sillymonkeycrafts said...

Wow - brilliant CD case storage. CD cases have just made their way onto my shopping list!

Issa Virtucio-Lucido said...

you have lots of great stash, wow!