Sunday, May 04, 2008

Art Journal-I

I is for image transfer, ink and imagination.

This was a simple quick page for my Art journal. First I altered a photo to make it black and white with strong contrast, and then printed it out onto the smooth side of a transparency. I then set it aside to dry- well kind of-it never really dries.

Meanwhile I painted some water colour paper with gesso, and when it was dry, I blended distress inks onto the paper. Then I took my transparency and burnished it to transfer the image onto the paper.

Then added the quote.
Voila!





I really like the blended ink, and the image transfer effect-think I'll try this on a scrapbook page soon.

I continue to be totally inspired by Gloria. If you haven't been to her blog you should-You're in for a treat!

9 comments:

Bethany Kartchner said...

Pam, you are simply an amazing artist. Wow. I am very inspired!

Sarah aka Flo said...

love this page

that's one image transfer method I haven't tried

must give it a go sometime

gloriafroese said...

PAM!!!! it's beautiful!! gorgeous. I am so proud of you for using this technique. It can be a bit daunting to use these more "out there" techniques, but you did a BEAUTIFUL/fantastic job.

g

pepsigirl said...

Pam YOU are inspiring as well! You are soooo talented! Totally agree about g....she is off the CHARTS!
Can't wait to see more of what you do with her techniques!

lisa said...

Your latest artworks, including that fabric piece in the last post, are an absolute triumph.

jay670120 said...

this is really cool x

Gail said...

I love that. Must try it - I bought some gesso recently and haven't used it yet.

Lori said...

Yet another fantastic piece Pam- you really inspire me to be more creative! I did try an ink transfer but it all went sadly wrong and ended up in the bin so I'll be stalking you for tips!

mandijane said...

wow that's awesome