Sunday, May 25, 2008

Been busy..

....scrapping, art journalling, taking photos, and also working on making a little book of quotes or sayings that for one reason or another resonate with me. I've done some more LOs using the 3ndypapir papers from Angelcrafts. This first one has been inspired by Irene (Scrapperlicious) Irene uses lots of complex techniques and lots of different layers in her pages, but I particularly like how she uses transparent elements, and so that's what I've done with this page. I scanned in the image of the butterfly, the flower and the leaves, and printed them off onto a transparency. These were then cut out, doodled on and adhered. The flower was gently heated with a heat gun to get the petals to curl a little before adhereing. I've also used a napkin on this page- it's the bit with the brown butterfly and leaves at the top.


The next LO is much simpler. I didn't want to cover up the design on the corners of the papers here, so I had to be careful about the placement of the photos. I've kept the embellishment quite simple too. All I did was to colour a paper doily to match the flower, and then folded it to look like a spanish fan and adhered it to act as a frame for the photos.
I have so many photos from Madrid to be scrapped. We had a fabulous time there- what a great city-so much to do and see, especially if you like art (or even if, like Jack, you like football-2 stadiums to visit!)

11 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow these Lo's are beautiful, you have put so much work into them, you too are so inspiring.

Thanks for the links great to go and see some beautiful work Irene has done and all the lovely things over at Angel crafts.

Jay said...

They're lovely LO's Pam. I really like the Dell Walk one, such lovely colours.

Bethany Kartchner said...

Stunning, simply stunning! Thanks for sharing your techniques too! Great ideas!

Inspiration Alley said...

These layouts are both just so beautiful, but the top one has to be one of the nicest layouts I've ever seen. I did think about scraplifting it, but I couldn't do it justice.

pepsigirl said...

UH *gasp* I'm gonna have to catch my breath Pam! These layouts are unbelievable....I'd *love* to know where you get your inspiration from!!! You RAWK!

Lori said...

Gorgeous LOs again Pam! I love those papers too. The detail you put into your work is just stunning.

KimmyS said...

:thud:
That first layout is just mindblowing!

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Great LOs. Love the way you've themed the page with the photos. Dell Walk is stunning!

Tammy James said...

Two really gorgeous LO's great idea with the doily.

iris said...

your LOs are so unique and stunning!

Heather said...

Beautiful LO's Pam as always. Hope you and yours are well.