Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Don't you just love it..

...when you find something new and unique? These new papers from Norway are just that. What I love about them is a) they are double sided, and in my opinion that is double the value; b) they can be used as well on vintage style layouts as they can on more modern pages. They are exclusive to Angelcrafts and are only produced in small quantities. So here are two layouts I've made so far:




This is an old photo of Emily taken in predigital. days. I scanned it and used Picasa to change it to black and white and add a blue tint. I really like the effect. Picasa is a great programme- download for free from Google. Photos can be edited and different effects applied at the click of your mouse. Love it! lots of tearing, inking, sewing and lace give this LO a lovely vintage feel.


This layout on the other hand has a more modern feel, even though the photo looks old fashioned. This is Jack wearing my hat while on holiday in France in 1993. This is another photo taken before I knew anything about photography, and in the original photo I am sitting behind Jack and there is washing hanging on a line flapping all around. I used the clone tool in Photoshop Elements 3 to get rid of all that distraction, and then used Picasa to get a sepia effect. I could have used PSE3 to get the sepia effect but I really prefer the effects from Picasa. I use the sharpen and the glow effects from Picasa on a lot of my photos. In real life the green of this paper is so vivid , and the brown is rich and chocolatey! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the papers!!

11 comments:

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Love the LOs. Both pictures are gorgeous. I haven't used Picasa but it looks as if you can do a lot with it. Off to google it now!

Debsg said...

These LOs are gorgeous. Love the pictures, papers and everything! Deb x

Shirley said...

Great work on the photos and I agree those papers are gorgeous :)

Inspiration Alley said...

Beautiful los as usual. I agree that the papers are gorgeous.

Tinkerbelle said...

Great LO the papers are lush xxxx

jay670120 said...

WOW love both of these L/Os xxxx
great blog banner too xx

Gail said...

They are great papers...and I love the effects you've used. Very evocative LOs.

iris said...

Pam I love the papers - but more than that, I love your layouts!! Plus the blue tint on the photo is stunning!

Heather said...

I love LOs of both pictures and I must take a closer look at Picasa, looks really interesting.I always enjoy checking your new work. Well done.
Heather

Janice said...

I LOVE that vingage LO Pam, I would be so chuffed with it if it were one of mine - gorgeous!

Jane said...

Gorgeous LOs