Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just for you, Kat

I was at the crop today- I only went for a couple of hours and didn't do much, just put my album together for Shimelle's class- Scrap the Day. This is a year long class where you photograph and scrap the same date each month. For most people this is the 25th of the month, but I was a day late, so mine will be the 26th of each month. You can join this class anytime, so why not give it a go. At the end you should have a snapshot of your life over the course of one year.
Anyway, at the crop Kat commented that I've been neglecting my A-Z of Edinburgh, and that is true. I will get back to photographing soon-It's just that at this time of the year I'm kept quite busy in the garden (which is looking lovely I might add!) So I told Kat I would add a LO I did of Greyfriars and here it is:
I have to say I love this layout. There are lots of techniques on this page-crackle medium, heat embossing, acrylic paint dry brushing, and napkins. I love using napkins because they are very translucent, allowing the underneath layers to show through. There are pieces of three napkins on this page- the angel, the lilies, and the butterflies.

10 comments:

Kat said...

Ooops... getting a mention here... ;) Thanks for uploading the Greyfriar's LO, Pam. See what you meant with the napkin. Looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Great effect!

AS for Shim's class ... I will start it this month on the 25th. How do you do your album? I'll have to make mine this week... :o

elliemook said...

Wow, that is beautiful. Greyfriars bobby makes me cry though x

Shirley said...

Lovely LO, I have never tried using napkins but after sseing this, I am sure I will be trying the technique out in the future :)

mandijane said...

There is some awesome work on here.....have bookmarked you for more visits..WOW

dddeeebbbzzz said...

What an amazing LO! I would never have thought of using napkins on a LO, but they look stunning!

KimmyS said...

WOw Pam - you are the napkin queen (erm...that sounds kinda kinky but you know what I mean ;) )
I love that layout - so gorgeous

Jane said...

Yet another stunning LO Pam, I never fail to be inspired by your work, but no matter how much I try I am unable to create anything nice using napkins on my LOs. Using them in a decopatch manner I am fine, but thats all :)
Jane x

Dan said...

Wonderful, inspirational things on your blog! :)

Lori said...

Oh, Greyfriars Bobby always makes me a little teary! Beautiful page though- your collage LOs are really looking fantastic!

Tree said...

that's really stunning Pam, love the napkin technique and your A-Z of Edinburgh.