Friday, May 30, 2008

More LOs

I was a guest designer for ATML for May and was sent some fab Scenic Route products to work with. These included chipboard beach stickers so this dictated a beach LO. The papers have lots of circles and I was tempted to cut into them, but in the end decided to simply layer the papers. The Kraft paper background also has circles, which I've added to with a little doodling. I've had the bUcket and spade buttons for a long, long time, and since I'm on a mission to use my stash, I decided to add those too. I love the bobble trim and the lime green broderie anglais trim- both were bought in Madrid, and they add a cheery touch as well as a bit of texture and dimension.


I love this next LO. It too has layered paper blocks, but this time I also used some acrylic paints and sequin waste and masked off a circular area to add a bit more pattern. The title is a sizzlets alphabet-BLOCK PARTY. It's a very versatile font that can be used informally-like on this LO, or if kept straight can be more formal. The addition of white acrylic paint adds to the impact. The faux stitching is done with a Lakeland Ltd border stamp. I doodled a bit on this LO too.
.


Tomorrow I'm off the a craft fair here in Edinburgh-it's mainly stamps, but I fancy some new inks and some other bits and pieces.

6 comments:

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Really like these colourful LOs! the pompoms are great!

Gail said...

Love those LOs - very bright and cheerful and lots to look at. Impressed you used sequin waste!

Linda Elbourne said...

Fabulous LOs

kelly said...

love these lo's the colour combo is fab xx

Jens Place in Space said...

These are awesome! wow!

pictures2pages said...

Those are some fab LO's!!