Wednesday, June 04, 2008

something different

Lately I have been experimenting with all sorts of different techniques and materials- stamping, inks, image transfers-well all sorts really. I decided to collect some quotes or sayings that appealed to me and to make little 5"X 7" art works. When I have made quite a few I'll bind them together to make a little album. Here are some I've made so far:



The COVER. This is chipboard that has been coloured with distress inks, then various stamps applied. The title is diecut and embossed and is very textural IRL.

L.

The inside COVER-a mixture of book paper, distress inks, stencilling, water colour pencils and image transfer.





This page is thin acrylic. It has been stamped with the music, and then image transfers using acrylic paint has been applied. I am struggling with this technique, but enjoying experimenting. This is too washed out and the acrylic paint is a bit harsh. I've also used alcohol inks to colour the transparent acrylic.I've also applied some images cut from napkins.
I've done a few more pages which I'll upload another time.

10 comments:

Megan A. said...

these are so cool!

Colleen said...

This is wonderful! Love the feel of it with the softness!

rajah1116 said...

Those are AWESOME! Do you do ATC? YOu would be GREAT at it!

teresamatz said...

wow, really cool

Pat said...

WOW! Awesome work!

~ Jayme ~ said...

oh my goodness, these are beautiful!

Lori said...

What can I say Pam- each time you do something else, it's even more stunning! I really just try the acylic paint transfer now!

ALLY said...

So cool!!! Love all the dappled ink!

Moniqui said...

These are so cool Pam!!

Marnie said...

OOOH GORGEOUS! very very COOL!