Sunday, August 17, 2008

another attempt...

...at mixed media. I found the Mixed Media Mondays blog and decided to try to do something relating to the prompt which was 'Fashion'. I tried to do a graffitied brick wall. I used acrylic paint that I heated until it bubbled (for a bit of texture). Then I cut up some household sponge into a brick shape and used ink to make the brick texture, added the graffiti, the image and the quote. I think I will try to do the weekly prompt challenge on MMM as it wil be a way of encouraging more experimentation and get my grey matter ticking over- and that has got to be good! This week the prompt is 'Numbers'- and I have an idea brewing.



7 comments:

Kaz said...

this is fantastic, gorgeous background and I love your punkette!!

Amy H. said...

Wow, I can't believe you are a beginner. This is great. I love the sentiment. The background. I love that you actually told me how you made the background. Fabulous!

Lucy Edson said...

Love the background on your piece!! Cute image!

Angela said...

Just gorgeous!!

Gillian said...

Love that song, great work.

mixedmediamonday said...

Fabulous piece, Pam. Thanks for participating on Mixed Media Monday. Diane

lara said...

when you say "heat the acrylic paint" what did you do it with? i love the effect!