Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another

..piece following the prompt from Mixed Media Monday. This time the prompt was numbers. Being light on stamps- (I can feel a spending spree coming on)- I have to think a bit laterally. So thinking about numbers made me think about lottery tickets, and how people say-'when my numbers come up I'll..." So I downloaded some images of lottery tickets and applied them to a painted background by doing image transfers. The woman waiting by the phone is clipart. Then I stamped the text. I really love these little alphabet stamps by Inkadinkadoo. They make anything look good. There is also a gold embossed stamp in the top corner saying Illusion, which I thought appropriate to the topic.




And if you haven't already been over to The Creative Type, please take a look and be inspired!

13 comments:

Linda Elbourne said...

This is fabulous - Love it X

dddeeebbbzzz said...

It could be me!!! Love this! The idea of using lottery ticket images is fab!! Now must get my ticket for tonight!!!

Beth said...

your mixed media is fab

herminesplace said...

Great card.

Andrea said...

Love what you've done! Fab work!!

mixedmediamonday said...

Wonderful, Pam. Now, when my numbers come up........Diane

Femmy said...

fabulous card!!

Karen Mowrey said...

don't we all!!!

This is fun and you have some wonderful artwork going on here. Will have to poke around more and more!

Heather Robinson said...

A very inspiring piece. How clever to use lottery tickets for the background. Great interpretation of the numbers theme. I'm so glad you joined this week.

Sanderijn said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful, love the background, the colors!

ginny said...

I love how you layer and layer.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Hang out over there any time. I have enjoyed reading yours.

Jules said...

What a fun creation!

Dana said...

Your work is A-Mazing! Will have to go check out the creative type blog!