Saturday, August 30, 2008

R is for..

..rust and recycling. Well I just made this page for my A-Z Art journal, and I thought I would combine my A-Z with the Mixed Media Monday prompt which was Recycling. This is not much of a page really. The recycled bits are the netting from a bag of oranges, painted a rusty colour with acrylic paint, some old washers found in the garage, and a bit of applique from an old Tshirt, stained with walnut ink.




This afternoon we went to Dowick Botanical Garden. This is a truly beautiful arboretum, with the most stunning variety of trees. I took some photos:


11 comments:

mixedmediamonday said...

Pam, I think your page is wonderful - I bet the book is amazing! The gardens look amazing too! Diane

jakey said...

Gorgeous photos!

Beth said...

Your recycle piece is absolutely lovely, and your photos are stunning. Thank you so much for sharing them!

Kat said...

The photos are great - been to Dawyck myself a couple of times and LOVED it. We usually manage to get there only in Autumn though, so can't wait to go back in spring at some point! :)

Zuzu's Blog said...

Hi Pam.. I love this R section .. I am a big fan of rust but then it falls in to my favorite Autumnal colour pallet.
Thanks for the comments on my blog.. as for classes I do not do any in Edinburgh but I will be doing some in my local craft shop in Dalkeith. a number 3 bus goes right into the centre of town from there. If you are interested email me and I will give you better info. I am also happy to do small private classes but that is a costly way to do it!

Dana said...

That botanical garden is A-Mazing!!

Jingle said...

Those photos are gorgeous!!!

sylv said...

Great pics! I love the details you captured in them!

Angela said...

Pics are fab!

Carole said...

Another neat piece!

Sarah said...

LOVE this page for R

I'm doing my R page (eventually!) on my pet rats, but otherwise I might have gone for rust - love rusted things