Thursday, August 07, 2008

A-Z Art journal

It's a while since I uploaded any of my A-Z journal of techniques and materials. I am really enjoying messing around with different art supplies. Mostly I have made lots of mistakes- but that's OK because we learn by our mistakes don't we?

Anyway here are a couple of pages.


OK- This one is J for Japanese. I had some Japanese origami papers that I bought at a thrift shop a while back, so I used that for the background, then tried my hand at painting a Japanese style cherry blossom and some Japanese style characters. Now these are not true Japanese characters- or at least I hope not, because if they are I don't have a clue what they say!

K was a bit of a struggle, and the only thing I could think of was K for Kaleidoscope-I made this from tissue paper and sequins:

It's pouring down today- so I have been messing around doing some arty bits-preparing some art journal backgrounds, making some image transfers-with varying degress of success, and scrapping. I am now up to date with Shimelle's 'Scrap Your Day' class although I am not really using the class prompts.

I'll post some more of the A-Z journal tomorrow-must go cook tea. Oh and tomorrow I pick up my new car-just a little Fiat Panda, for use around town. the rising cost of petrol has made us think carefully about the size of the cars we drive, so I've traded in my Nissan for a dinky little town car.

2 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

I see no mistakes! Love the japanese one and the kaleidoscope is stunning.

dddeeebbbzzz said...

These are both stunning!! The Japanese one is perfect. the kaleidoscope must have taken ages to do.