Saturday, September 20, 2008

Some collage

I've really been enjoying making collages lately. It makes a change from scrapping and makes me think a little bit-and that's got to be good, right?

The first collage I am going to upload was done in response to Mixed Media Monday challenge to create something with the theme of famous people. Mine of course is Charlie Chaplin.




Actually, now that I think about it, there's not that much collage really. The only stuck on bits are the image of Charlie and the spotlights. The streams of light are watercolour paints, the dark bits are distress inks. The whole thing is sprayed with glimmer mists, and glitter glue has been added to the light streaming down on Charlie.

The next collage was done for the Crowabout group. each week a series of images is uploaded and we use them to create a collage. I was struggling a bit with this week's but in the end this happened:


I did some scrapping today for The CrEative Type which should appear on the site on Monday. it is another very different (for me) page. I'm really enjoying making page layouts with minimal embellishments. Although i still love a well embellished page, there is something very satisfying about a simple page.

8 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is brilliant.
Fantastic card.

laverneboese said...

love the collages! i've never really tried collage before. i might have to give it a go!

Lori said...

Your collage work always stuns me Pam- it looks great, esp Charlie!
Thanks for the link to the Creative type blog, I shall have to investigate!

Carole Janson said...

Hi Pam, I am loving your collage work just gorgeous, and very different, I hope you are well, and when will you be back in Aussie for a visit.

All the very best.

carole xx

mixedmediamonday said...

Both lovely pieces, but your Charlie piece is amazing! Diane

Lisa Dawn said...

wonderful. I really like the Charlie as well. It's beautiful

Wendy said...

wow!!!!! amazing collages!!!!

deathbycaffeine said...

I'm loving your mixed media pieces. it's always good to do other things :)