Sunday, September 28, 2008

The weekend..

I had a really great weekend. Yesterday I did a clean of the house and got all the washing done-and hung out to dry. Now that was great because it meant the day was sunny and it's the first sun we've had in ages. Then I went to a demonstration of alchohol inks and distress inks by Louise, who I first came across blog hoping one day. She had some fantastic porjects on her blog, so when I found out that she was demonstrating in a local craft store, I made sure I was there to see. So I learned some new techniques, and bought some new products, which I am looking forward to playing with soon. Then my friend Barbara and her son Andrew came down from Aberdeenshire to stay the night. Andrew and Jack were best pals when we lived in Torphins, and they had a great time together, Both boys are currently doing the rounds of the university open days as they make decisions about where to study when they finish school next year. Today Barbara, Emily and I went shopping at Ikea and Costco. Then after Barbara and Andrew left Emily and I went for a country walk in the Pentlands (the hills near Edinburgh).
When we got back I started working on some layouts to go with an article I am writing for The Scrapbook Magazine. So, a great weekend-good friends, art, walking, some photos, and scrapping to finish.
This is a LO I did a while ago for Scrapbook Sisters, using Scenic route papers. It is my wee nephew Lucas-isn't he the cutest?


No comments: