Thursday, October 02, 2008

A New Layout

Here is a layout I just finished for the Badgirlskits design school. The challenge was to create a LO with the emphasis on using embellishments. The photos are of an antique market we visited in France, and so I have chosen to do a vintage style LO to reflect the subject. As you can see the embellishments have been chosen carefully to reflect the subject. I loved this market in Menton-St-Bernard, on Lake Annecy. There were books stalls, vintage postcards, furniture, dolls and general bric a brac,- all with a very definite french charm. The paper is Dream St and I chose it for the color palette and because I thought the damask pattern related to the wrought iron work of the table and chairs in the photo.

Here are some more pictures of Menton. I love this place, it is so beautiful down by the lakeside. I think I would like to live here when I retire!!



3 comments:

Sue said...

Love your embellishments. The antique market looks a lovely place.

~Vicki~ said...

oooh fantastic layout, i'm loving that!!! so totally stunning xx

Inspiration Alley said...

I love how tactile and full of dimension this layout is. Your photos definitely make me want to visit and view for myself.