Sunday, November 30, 2008
So today I thought I would have some fun with distess inks. I followed the technique on Time Holtz' blog-the November technique challenge using masks. I don't have a mask,-well not a purpose made one, but I did have a banner thing that I bought at Paperchase a while back. So I cut some of it out and used it to mask off my paper. I'm quite pleased with the results too! What I found interesting was these samples looked nothing until I rubbed in some more distress inks around the edges-that gave them all a lift. I really enjoyed doing these and will be buying some of the masks soon. Also today I mounted lots of stamps with ez mount, and organised them all into CD holders. I went shopping too, to the local stamp shop which sadly is closing down-but I did get some great bargains-twinkling h2os, mica powders, and gold, silver and bronze leaf, as well as some birdie stamps. I'm looking forward to having a play with all these in time.