Sunday, December 28, 2008

End of Year Review

So this is the time of the year when all the reviews the events of the past 12 months start to appear on TV, so I thought I would review my layouts from the past 12 months, and over the next few nights, post my 10 favourites. You can click on the images to have a closer look.

This is my most favourite of all! There are a lot of techniques on this LO-collage, decollage, embossing, image transfers, and most of the images in the background are my own artwork, so I think this is a truly unique layout-and it works well in portraying the urban feel that I was after!



This one of Jack is simple-just a few paint techniques and rubons-and a few bits of chocolate wrappers stapled on for good measure. And I Love the quote-it comes from Storypeople.



And finally tonight, this one of Emily in York. I love the way the papers pick up the colours in the photo, I love the crow rubon-I think it suits the medieval pillars of the church, and I love the cluster of embellishments at the bottom.


Tomorrow I will choose some more of my favorites-the ones I have in mind are totally different to these!
And remember you can bookmark this site just by clicking blog follower button in the top right hand corner.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Pam M said...

Hi Poss, compliments of the season from one Thorburn clan to another LOL
Loving especially the collage LO lots of eye candy in there

Natalie said...

wow!!! i had never seen the first one it is just .... well i am speechless its beautiful !!!!!!

merry late christmas i hope you had a good one

Kit said...

lovely layouts! I enjoyed reading about the gingerbread house too!

Sarah (UKS Smelly) said...

Cool Pam, i can see why they are your favourites. My fav so far are the urban art one and this boy, just stunning and so technique filled. Well done you

lisa v said...

My favourite is the one of jack. The colours and the paint techniques are superb, not to mention the wonderful photo.