Monday, December 22, 2008

I scrapped..

Well, this is a layout with a story-the story of my first afternoon in school, a memory that has stayed with me forever. One day I will scrap the story of my first morning in school. That memory has stayed with me forever too!
I can't remember the paper I used, but it is a lovely script and number paper, well suited to a school layout.
Click on the image if you want a large view.



The poppies are table napkins. I love how the napkins are translucent and allow the patterned paper to show through. You get the complexity of layers without the bulk.



The photo is matted on some torn graph paper, again fitting for a school layout, and also adding some texture. I collaged on some vintage school images-after all, this story took place a long time ago! More texture is added with the mesh, lace and pearls.




And finally, you may have noticed I have added a blog followers widget at the top right hand side of my blog. If you visit regularly you may want to become subscribe. Just click on the link, and then you'll be notified when I update. That way you don't waste your time visiting if I haven't updated!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Linda Elbourne said...

Those poppies are fabulous X

Amy Wing said...

What a fabulous piece of work! I'm totally wowed!

Thanks for commenting on the Gauche Alchemy blog - be sure to let us see what you do with your beeswax! :)

Shirley said...

Some people should never become teachers in by book....MY DH was a great one but must admit to seeing some really bad one's over the years!!!!
Love your page :)
X

Inspiration Alley said...

Reminds me of my son's first teacher. The LO is fantastic and the journalling very heart felt.

Debsg said...

Gorgeous LOs. Fab colours.

g said...

beautiful layout Pam and happy happy holidays!

Carole said...

What a wonderful layout!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Sue said...

love the layout Pammy. Have a great New Year.