Wednesday, December 03, 2008

It's all in the details

Here is a closeup collage of the LO I did for The CreaTive tyPe. Unfortunately on the blog the layout looks very flat and dull. Hopefully here you can get a better idea of the texture and sparkle of the page in real life. I have used some paint effects-stencilling through sequin waste with acrylic paint, spritzing on some mica powders, adding a little silver leaf here and there, and embossing the title with UTTE to give an icy effect. You can click on the image for a larger view.

Posted by Picasa
Today I came across the CUTTLEBUG CHALLENGE blog. It's just what I need because my cuttlebug never gets the workout it deserves. I only use it to cut titles. Even though I own some embossing folders I have never used them, and the challenges on the blog will hopefully inspire me to get more use from this piece of kit.

5 comments:

socialbutterfly said...

wow, your blog is so full of eyecandy!! thanks for stopping at my blog!! you're now in my blogroll!! have a nice weekend!! :))

Sue said...

very pretty Pam

* said...

I really loved your layout. I am a huge fan of snow and all its glory:) So of course I was in awe when you sent it to me!!!

Pam M said...

Ahhhh I so love this LO, a winter wonderland

voodoo vixen said...

LOL - I was thinking... well, its very red... very red indeed, quite Christmassy in fact, and I am admiring all your cards and LO's and wondering why the links are invisible against the red... then the robins and things finally downloaded!! Doh... yes, its very pretty indeed!