Thursday, December 18, 2008

Two things

The prompt this week at Mixed Media Mondays was GOLD. So I made a background of copper and gold acrylic paint, added a gel medium transfer of the girl,stamped and embossed the clocks and then masked and stamped the Auld Lang Syne stamp on top. Then I added some thick gold acrylic paint to the edges and heated with my embossing gun until it blistered. Don't you just love the texture that creates? I didn't get a very good impression with the Auld Lang Syne stamp though. I think maybe I should have masked the space for the clocks, then stamped the song, then the embossed clocks last. I wonder if that would have made a clearer impression?


Then Emily asked for yet another birthday card. I wanted to use stamps again as I find stamps to be quite challenging for some reason. The cupcakes stamp came free with a magazine, if I remember correctly. It is embossed with black then painted with twinkling H2Os. Anyway, here's the card. As I said in my earlier post, cards really aren't my thing, and this one took a lot longer than it should have,


The scrapbook Magazine is out I believe so I need to go and find myself a copy. I shoud have another article in this month. This one is about using bubble wrap.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Fannie said...

Hi, Pam! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I like your submission. You may not like the impression of the stamp, but I think it fits well with your idea of the passage of time. Brilliant!

Happy Holidays!

Anni's Art said...

Pam your gold card is wonderful, love the clocks.

Moira said...

This is a fabulous piece so rich and detailed.

Astrid Maclean said...

Hi Pam,
Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Seeing you are from Scotland too, it may well be the same shop. The one where i got my lamp stamp was Stampers Grove in Edinburgh.
I adore this card you made for MMM. The gel transfer is amazing!!!
Take care
Astrid

Lisa Dawn said...

Hey Pam, i love how the writing of the song looks. If you hadn't said anything I'd have thought it was intentional. Making it look like old parchment paper writing. I think your page is incredibly beautiful.

pepsigirl said...

STUNNING eyecandy Pam!

motivart said...

gold card is beautiful

mixedmediamonday said...

This is lovely, Pam. Doing the stamping around the other way would probably have given you a clearer image, but having said that, I like the imperfect effect - it looks old and distressed. Your image transfer turned out wonderfully! Diane

manda said...

Looks awesome Pam.

Sandy said...

a bubble-wrap article!! now that i have to see! your page is stunning...nothing could make it more lovely. (-: xo

Sandy said...

Oh, that Gold piece is just adorable!

Pam M said...

Beautiful Poss, I keep saying I must do some more gel transfers & then don't, thankgoodness the hols are coming