Friday, January 09, 2009

Been Busy

So I have been scrapping lately. I've been doing my art journal. I've been taking my daily photo. I've been doing some stamping. I've been back at work. AND I've been shining my sink!

I've done my LO for the first challenge of the year on The Creative Type, which goes up on Monday. I love being part of The Creative Type. It really challenges me creatively and makes me scrap differently. It's fantastic to think of text as an embellishment-a real part of the design of a page, rather than just away of adding a story. It is well worth participating in the challengs if you are looking to try different things.

I've also worked on a LO for February's Pagemaps.
Pagemaps is a fabulous resource if you like to use sketches!

Tonight's LO is one I did a while ago for The Scrapbook Magazine.
I love using paint on my LOs. This one started off as plain cardstock, then I swiped some paint on with a plastic card, stamped with acrylic paint, and then used two sizes of bubble wrap to make the spots. I was pleased with the rusty, distressed look which I think suits the photos well. In real life the background is subtle, yet quite complex because of all the layers of paint. Sometimes patterned paper is just too overwhelming and I like the subtle effects you can get with paint.


6 comments:

Sandy said...

wow. that madrid layout is just awesome!!! can't wait to see your new CT layout!!

Lisa Dawn said...

cool background Pam!

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Love the effect of the bubble wrap!

Maria said...

Thank you for the Flylady tip. Looks like just what I need.

I love your work and have bookmared your blog.

Happy Sunday xxx

manda said...

love that layout! but please don't send me to that Flylady site again - i nearly had a fit.

Christiane said...

you did such fab work, pam!! happy new year to you!! HUGS!!