Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The CreaTive Type

The new prompt at The Creative Type is up. This weeks prompt is about using song lyrics for your journalling.
I have used some of the lyrics from 'Thank You For The Days'. It is a song by Ray Davies of The Kinks, who did the original version, but I also love the version by the late, great Kirsty MacColl.
Hear it here.
This is the song I want played at my funeral!
I had a lot of fun doing this layout. I LOVE doing my CT layouts. I try to be a bit experimental and am loving using paint techniques just now.
This is mine:

:

I hope that you all play along this week- There is a great prize up for grabs from here-I just want everything from that site!

3 comments:

manda said...

love the layout and love the song. I think one of my all time favourite songs would be Kirsty's version of "in these shoes".

Julia Dunnit said...

This is awesomely fab! Please come round to my hosue and complete my scrapbooks immediately. Also one of my funeral songs!

shaina said...

i really love the page you did this go-round for THe CrEatiVe TyPe. awesome song choice and cute page!
<3