Monday, June 15, 2009

Art Journal

Lately I have become aware of how much my moods are affected by the sky. In the winter, in Edinburgh, the sky is frequently a great big flat expanse of nothingness, and this year it has really got me down. I think, with the exception of people, a big blue sky is what I miss most about Australia. Last week the sun was shining and the sky was blue and I felt so much happier, so I sat in the garden and did this page in my art journal.

First I painted my pages, then stuck some scraps of patterned papers down, and doodled. They reminded me of surfboards. When I had finished the page it looked really familiar and I think I have been inspired by something I saw somewhere on the internet. So, in the unlikely event that someone who visits my blog recognises this, please let me know.
In other news, it is Day 2 of the Kaisercraft giveaway. Today you have a chance of winning the Loire Valley collection. This is my favourite of the new collections. Remember to check back each day, leave a comment and be in with a chance.
Also Gauche Alchemy has a little competition going to create a pice of art using something recycled. Why not challenge yourself to do something a little different this week?
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Scrapbook Sisters Blog said...

I love the colours. The rainbow of colour make me feel all summery plus I want to jump in the sea and surf. Lovely work Pam

Judy said...

Hi Pam,
This looks fantastic. We are currently at Kennilworth with Ian's university friend. Went to the Cotswolds yesterday and am off to Warwick Castle today. Leave for Menorca on Saturday.

Samantha said...

Love your art journal page Pam. I think I'm going to have to try that sort of thing, it looks like so much fun!

Samantha said...

Love your art journal page Pam. I think I'm going to have to try that sort of thing, it looks like so much fun!

Pam M said...

Perfect Poss, before I even read your words, I a mediately thought of surf boards all standing in sand

Sue said...

Love the bright colours very eye catching and fresh.

Christine said...

Wow Pam, I love your art journal, that page is just gorgeous!

deb said...

I love this page in your art journal - it is so bright and cheery.

Lisa Dawn said...

I'm not Australian or a surfer or even NEAR surfers and I saw them as surf boards too. I love your page Pam.

Lisa Dawn said...

I'm not a surfer, I don't live in a surfing country, I don't hang around any surfers, and I have never tried it in my life, but i saw them as surf bords too.It's a great page Pam. I love it.